The month of May celebrates and encourages you to put your eco-driving skills into use while driving on the road! With summer being just around the corner, it’s time to start deciding where your summer destinations may be. For many of us, that means it’s time for a road trip! Begin this summer on the right foot by improving your fuel efficiency and reducing your carbon footprint.
Here are five ways that you can use in your everyday driving:
- Check your tire pressure– Properly inflated tires can increase fuel efficiency up to 3 to 10 percent.
- Stay on top of routine services- Make sure your engine & everything else is running in tip top shape to ensure maximum gas mileage. If you want to save some cash, check with your local dealership to see what deals they may have going on for services.
- Lighter foot on the gas pedal– Start slowly accelerating and decelerating while driving and soon enough it will become a habit.
- Drive at a steady pace- A consistent pace, especially during longer drives, can greatly improve your fuel efficiency. Put that cruise control into use!
- Clean out your car and remove excess items- Extra weight in & on your car can lower your miles per gallon (mpg). Especially those roof racks!
Eco- driving improves road safety but also improves the quality of our environment. Eco- driving can help reduce our air & noise pollution. Studies have shown that one car driving with 4000 revolutions per minute (rpm) produces the same amount of noise as does 32 cars travelling at the same speed but with only 2000 rpm. Proving that eco-driving can help reduce one of the main problems that areas with a crowded & denser population are dealing with for traffic.
While you’re lending a helping hand in saving our planet when switching over to eco-driving, you’ll also be cutting down your fuel cost! It’s a win win situation for you and everyone else!